Home PDF Print E-mail

Midleton Concert Band was founded as Midleton Holy Rosary Brass & Reed Band in 1951. The band took the name from the name of the catholic parish, and the main mover behind the foundation of a band was a catholic priest of the parish, Fr. Michael O'Connell.

In more recent years the band has changed it's lineup to form a full concert band, and is now using the name Midleton Concert Band. Extensive training schemes are in place to continually improve standards and to ensure opportunities for young musicians to take their place in the ranks.

A youth band has been added in recent years and is now competing in its own right. Robert O’Brien is musical director of both the senior and junior bands

Success in major championships has  been a notable feature during the last decade in particular. Meanwhile the band still supports the community as much as ever, and indeed the community supports the band in return.